This recipe for Chicken Zucchini Poppers is easy to make and delicious to eat. Good for Paleo, Low Carb and Whole30. They can be served as an appetizer or as a healthy meal.
- 1 lb Ground Chicken
- 1 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Pepper
- 2 Tbsp fresh Parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbsp Cilantro, Chopped
- 1 ½ cups grated Zucchini
- Olive Oil for frying or baking
- Shred your zucchini and then once it’s shredded squeeze out as much water as possible.
- Mix the ground chicken with the zucchini together, blending well.
- Add your garlic, parsley, cilantro, salt, and pepper and blend thoroughly.
- Line a baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper.
- Use a spoon or scoop and place your popper mixture on the parchment paper, spaced out evenly.
- Take a fork and press down each popper halfway to an oval shape but not flat.
- Pour oil in the frying pan, just enough to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Fry until the internal temperature is 160 degrees, flipping over once during the frying process.
- Remove and drain them on paper towels.
- Make up your favorite sauce if you want to.
0.3 NET CARBS PER CHICKEN POPPER
The most important thing to do when making your poppers is to squeeze as much water out of the shredded zucchini before mixing it in with your ground chicken.
You may have your own favorite oil for frying, mine is olive oil because I like the way it tastes.
You can either buy the ground chicken in the store or if you choose to, you can buy the chicken of your choice and grind it up yourself in a food processor.
You can either fry your poppers or bake them, the choice is yours.
To make sure that they are cooked thoroughly use a meat thermometer and they are done when it reaches 160 degrees.
Chicken Poppers can be assembled together ahead of time if you want to and then cooked later the same day or the next day.
To bake the chicken instead of frying them line a baking tray with a piece of parchment paper so that they will not stick to the tray.
Spray both sides of the poppers with olive oil to keep them moist and to also get a little taste like fried without frying them in oil.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Frying
Keywords: Chicken Zucchini Poppers, Chicken Zucchini Poppers Recipe, Paleo Chicken Zucchini Poppers, Healthy Chicken Zucchini Poppers, Whole30 Chicken Zucchini Poppers, Low Carb Chicken Zucchini Poppers, Chicken Poppers