If you like Everything Bagel Seasoning, then you will certainly love our Everything Bagel Chicken tenders! It’s easy to make and delicious to eat with either white meat or dark meat. A perfect solution to the usual “boring chicken.” A great meal that only takes 5 minutes to prep!
Everything Bagel Chicken is one of my favorite, go-to, recipes. It’s quick and easy and certainly a good stand by for dinner, especially when you come home from work. Just make a vegetable with it and your dinner is complete. It’s also so good that you will want to make it for your guests and they will be asking you for the recipe.
You may have heard of Everything bagels before, and like me, it was always one of my favorite bagels especially when you are standing at the bagel shop and can’t decide if you want to get a garlic bagel, or onion bagel, or poppy seed…..then you remember that you can order a bagel with all your favorite flavors and it brings a smile to your face!
So now you can do that with chicken….instead of just one spice on top of your chicken you can have lots of flavors all in the same mouthful!
What is Everything Bagel Chicken?
Everything Bagel Chicken is simply just the chicken of your choice, chicken breasts, tenderloins, thighs, wings, and can be made with the skin on the chicken or off, whichever you prefer. The world is really your oyster when it comes to choosing which type of chicken you want to use.
We make it each way, depending on what we have in the house. Then you coat it with some delicious Everything Bagel Seasoning and bake it. It’s as easy as that!
We have made a recipe on our website for this seasoning and we put it in a jar in our kitchen and use it to season up a lot of things. It’s made from white and black sesame seeds, flaked sea salt, garlic flakes, onion flakes, and poppy seeds. The combo is a good balance of flavors to be used on a lot of different foods.
What Ingredients are in Everything Bagel Chicken
Chicken – Any type of chicken will be good….breasts, tenderloins, thighs, wings, skin on or skin off, or even a whole roaster chicken.
Everything Bagel seasoning – A spice combo made up of poppy seeds, flaked sea salt, garlic flakes, onion flakes, and sesame seeds..white and black.
Olive Oil – Needed for moisture so that your chicken does not dry out especially using chicken pieces without skin.
How to Make Everything Bagel Chicken
Now that you know what Everything Bagel Chicken is, now let’s see how easy it is to bring it from this recipe on the page to your dinner table.
After you decide what type of chicken to use, white meat or dark meat, lay them out flat in a baking dish.
The next thing to do is brush olive oil on each piece of chicken, covering all sides.
Once the chicken is coated with oil, sprinkle it all over with the homemade Everything Bagel Seasoning Mix. We like to be generous with the amount we put on our chicken because this is where you are going to get all the flavor from!
Make sure you flip the chicken and coat both sides with the seasoning well.
Bake at 375 degrees for about 25 minutes for boneless pieces and about 40 minutes for pieces with bones. If you aren’t sure if it’s cooked use a meat thermometer, you want the internal temperature to be 160 degrees.
Once it’s reached 160 degrees, you are finished! Take the chicken out of the oven and serve.
See how easy it is?! Don’t we all just love recipes with a 5 minute prep time? I know in this household we certainly do!
Best Tips for Everything Bagel Chicken
- If you are not sure how long to cook the chicken for, use a meat thermometer and cook until it reaches 160 degrees. Once it comes out of the oven the temperature will probably rise to 165 degrees. Do not overbake and dry it out, that’s why it’s important to use a thermometer.
- If you would prefer to use another oil instead of olive oil, you could use avocado oil or coconut oil. They are both healthy options and good for almost any diet.
- You could also use melted butter if you prefer the taste instead of the oil, but keep in mind that it will make the recipe no longer dairy-free.
- If you are Paleo, you could use ghee instead of butter.
Different Variations of Everything Chicken
Another variation of this Everything Bagel Chicken would be to bread your chicken. My suggestion, especially if you want something low carb or gluten-free, is to use almond flour to coat your chicken instead of traditional bread crumbs.
Put your Everything Bagel Seasoning into the almond flour and mix well. Next, dip the chicken in beaten egg, then dip it in almond flour. Then place it in your baking dish or baking tray coated with olive oil and bake at 375-400 degrees for about 25 minutes for boneless pieces and about 40 minutes for pieces with bones.
- If you like spicy chicken then feel free to add some crushed red pepper or chile powder to either your plain version or breaded version. This will take your everything bagel chicken to the next level!
- If you are a cheese lover then feel free to sprinkle some parmesan cheese on top before baking.
- You could melt some mozzarella cheese on top in the last couple of minutes of baking.
- If you want to make it fun for your kids, you could try boneless chicken cutlets and use cookie cutters in your kid’s favorite shapes before seasoning. They will love it!
- Who doesn’t love bacon? Bacon is good on everything. It works crumbled on top after baking or stretched across the top before baking.
Is This Recipe Low Carb?
This Everything Bagel Chicken is one of the best Keto/Low Carb recipes because it’s all protein, with a little bit of fat from the olive oil and the spices to make it really tasty. There are very few carbs and that’s why it’s a real go-to meal on a low carb diet.
It’s a 5-minute preparation and in 30 minutes it can be on your plate for dinner.
The seasoning mix is 0.5 NET Carbs per 1 teaspoon so feel free to use as much seasoning on a piece of chicken as you please without guilt. Serve your chicken with some roasted veggies or a salad and you will have a nice meal for only a few carbs.
There are only 0.6 NET Carbs per piece of chicken, definitely a low carb meal!
Other Diets This Recipe is Good For
Gluten-free – Chicken without any breadcrumbs is a good choice for a person with a gluten allergy. Spices do not have gluten so feel free to season stuff up.
Dairy-free – As you can see this chicken is not made with any dairy. We use olive oil to coat the chicken instead of butter. I know it can be a challenge at times to find dairy-free recipes so I’m happy to share this one with you.
Nut-free – There are no nuts in our everything bagel chicken.
What to Serve with Everything Bagel Chicken
There are plenty of side dishes you can serve with everything bagel chicken to make this a complete meal. Here are some ideas:
- Make a salad with an assortment of veggies. Salad is healthy and goes with everything.
- There are a number of roasted veggies that you can make, asparagus, Brussel sprouts, green beans, roasted or cheesy loaded cauliflower, roasted broccoli, etc.
- Jicama Fries make it like you are eating French fries with your chicken.
- Eggplant parmesan, fried eggplant or fried zucchini, cauliflower mashed potatoes are all great options.
How to Store It
One option is to season and store the chicken before cooking it. Once you coat your chicken with olive oil and Everything Seasoning, put it in a plastic container and stick it in the refrigerator. This will really help the chicken to take the flavor, just don’t leave it there for more than 2 days.
If the chicken is already cooked and you have extra leftovers, then just place it in a plastic container and snap the lid on tight and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
How to Reheat Everything Bagel Chicken
Reheating everything bagel chicken is easy. Once you bake your Everything Bagel Chicken and if you have leftovers, put them in a baking dish, sprinkle them with a few drops of water and cover them with foil.
Place the chicken in the oven at 350 degrees and heat for 10 minutes. You want to just heat it up, not bake it more, otherwise, it will dry out.
Another way to heat the chicken is to place it in a plastic container or plate covered lightly with a paper towel and heat in the microwave for 1-2 minutes to heat.
Can You Freeze It?
If you want to freeze the chicken after preparing but before cooking it, just coat it with oil and seasonings and wrap it well with plastic and foil.
If you make Everything Bagel Chicken and want to freeze it after it’s cooked, just wrap up the leftovers well, in plastic wrap and foil or in a plastic container and freeze it. You can freeze it for 3-4 months.
When you get ready to eat your chicken just take it out of the oven and do not thaw. Instead, just pop the piece or pieces into the oven while still frozen and then put it on a baking tray or baking dish, covered with foil, and heat at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes….and then enjoy.
More Keto Chicken Recipes
If you’re in the mood for some other Low Carb Chicken recipes then try our:
- Low Carb Fried Chicken
- Keto Chicken Nuggets
- Keto Chicken Parmesan
- Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
- Greek Chicken Bowls
- Tandoori Chicken Masala Wraps
They all are Keto-friendly and low carb, and will be a hit at your next party!Print
This is a recipe for easy homemade Everything Bagel Chicken with delicious seasonings. It will take a plain piece of chicken and turn it into a gourmet meal in only 5 minutes of prep!
- 10 pieces of Boneless Chicken Tenderloins
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- 4 Tbsp Everything Bagel Seasoning Mix
- Lay your pieces of chicken on a baking tray or baking dish.
- The next thing to do is to brush each piece of chicken with olive oil.
- Once the chicken is coated with oil sprinkle the Everything Bagel Seasoning all over your chicken. The oil helps the spices to stick on.
- Bake at 375 for about 25 minutes until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.
- Remove and serve with your favorite salad or vegetables.
Make sure to use a meat thermometer so that you can be sure your chicken is cooked thoroughly.
You can use white meat or dark meat, boneless or with bones in.
You can substitute the olive oil with butter if you prefer.
If you use boneless chicken cutlets you can try your hand with some cookie cutters in your kids’ favorite shapes. They will love them.
Sprinkle some parmesan cheese on top or melt some mozzarella on top if you are a cheese lover.
Spicy chicken can be done by adding crushed red pepper into the Everything Bagel Seasoning.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Main Courses
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Everything Bagel Chicken, Everything Bagel Chicken Recipe, Everything Bagel Chicken Tenders, How to Make Everything Bagel Chicken, Everything Chicken Recipe, Best Everything Bagel Chicken, Easy Everything Bagel Chicken Recipe